Saturday, September 28, 2013

Making a House a Home

After months of late nights, running to Home Depot for supplies, calling friends and family over, we have officially finished the first part of our house renovations. We actually finished about 4 months ago but life has been rather hectic so I'm just barely getting around to writing about it. 

When we first saw our house both the Hubby and I liked it but we weren't in love with it. However, when our bid was excepted we were both thrilled beyond words that we were getting our first house, even if it wasn't our most absolute favorite one we had looked at. 

As soon as we moved in we started fixing the place up. We put in a new kitchen floor, replaced all the moldings and painted the entire upstairs. Now that our major repairs have been done we have been living happily in our cute little home. I am beyond excited to decorate it for the upcoming holiday season!!! :)


My dining area before the remodel


My new, pretty dining area
The front entrance


Old front room painted a light tan with a brown accent wall


My new, beautiful front room (we did a darker tan and an Aztec red for the accent walls)!



1 comment: