Sunday, March 4, 2012

Here is the first, official post in our new, super-awesome family blog! I have been wanting and waiting to start this forever, even if that does make me crazy. Oh well, I'm fine with it. This is mostly going to be a journal of things we want to share concerning our little family. I am super excited to look back and see all the craziness that we shared!

Here is a little update for everyone who needs one. Brysen and I were married on February 17, 2012 in the Bountiful Temple. We had a very nice (but ridiculously long) day that we shared with our family members, close friends, friends and people neither one of us knew but our parents did. As soon as we could we left the reception, held in the sophisticated township of Magna and went to the hotel. We spent the weekend at the hotel or our apartment relaxing and trying to recuperate from the whole wedding shenanigans.

Unfortunately for us, I had to go back to work on Tuesday so we could eat and pay for our cute new apartment. Everyone was appalled that I was back at work so early but everything will be made clear in a moment. Anyways, work was boring and awful because my students were horrible but that's just how they always are. Friday finally came along and then it was time to pack up and head to the happiest place on earth! Yup, that's right, we spent our second honeymoon in Disneyland! It was so much fun to get away for another weekend, even if we did go with his mom and sister's family. I was even more excited to go and ride the rides and see the shows than anyone else in the entire group, I swear! 

We have our real honeymoon planned for sometime this summer, when we will be going on a cruise! I am very, very excited for this honeymoon for several reasons:
1. This was our original honeymoon plan but then we were forced (literally,. forced by a certain mother) to change the date of our wedding which in turn changed the date of the cruise.
2. Who gets to say they went on three different honeymoon trips?!? 
3. I've never been on a cruise before
4. I get to escape reality and spend more time with Brysen without having to see family members
 Okay, I know this last reason isn't a real reason but I like to just point out that fact anyways.

We are now living in North Salt Lake in a cute little apartment that's big enough for both of us and our little cat. I like being out on our own, it's very different from living away at college. We haven't killed each other in the past two weeks yet so I think it's safe to say things are going pretty well. I have yet to cook a meal or do anything domestic but Brysen still seems to like being married to me. 

Well, here is the end of the very first, official post for the Spencer family. Yay!!


Brittney & Brysen

1 comment:

  1. I love your cute blog! And congratulations again! I am so excited for both of you.

    ReplyDelete