Thursday, June 20, 2013

New Adventures

A lot has happened since my last post. Our biggest adventure (which is still ongoing) was buying our first house and giving it that special, homey touch. This involved ripping up the linoleum in the kitchen and putting purgo down, repainting the entire upstairs, destroying the garden so we can fix it and a few various other boring things (I'll be posting before and after photo's later). We lived without a stove or a fridge while the house was getting painted for about 3 months. I do not recommend this. It was not pleasant by any means. But, we survived and now we have a pretty house!

Our next big adventure was celebrating our one year anniversary. We're still in love and super happy so I guess this marriage is going to be a success. We celebrated the day before by going to Maddox and having one of the best meals ever. Brysen bought me flowers and we kissed a lot and were both happy. The next day, our real anniversary, we spent the day sleeping in and relaxing. We had a fantastic meal at home and cuddled a lot. It was perfect. 

For our anniversary I bought both of us concert tickets for the Killers in May. I convinced my sister and her hubby that they wanted to come to California with us, making a party of it. Thursday morning we all went and walked to Downtown Disney and saw all the neat things there. Then we went back to the hotel to sleep for a few hours because we (and by we I mean the boys) spent all night driving to Anaheim. Then Brysen and I were off the LA to see the Killers! It was a fantastic concert and we had way too much fun. We ended up getting lost on our way back to the hotel and ended up somewhere in Santa Monica. We laughed a lot and after buying a map we were able to make it back to the hotel. 


Brysen with his new t-shirt

Waiting for the concert to start


"I'm so excited to be here!" pose



Tia and Eric spent the next 2 days in Disneyland so Brysen and I went to the pool, saw Iron Man 3 in Downtown Disney, walked around and saw the sights and were lazy. It was magical. I was jealous that I couldn't go to Disneyland too so I made Brysen promise to take me next year. Sunday we all went to the Aquarium of the Pacific and saw some neat things before we all piled into the car to head home. All in all the trip was fantastic and we all had a grand time.









Brysen petting the big sting ray

This fish was HUGE





Waiting for the Disney firework show to start

Me being brave and petting the sting ray



Now it's summertime and I'm trying this whole stay at home wifey thing and I'm not too big of a fan. I'm impatiently waiting for our next big adventure to start. 

Brysen & Britt

No comments:

Post a Comment