Saturday, July 19, 2014

Our Life

It's been a while since I've posted anything, and I'm sure someone out there, somewhere, is wondering what is going on with the Spencer Family. Here is a short review of the last seven months. 

Brysen turned 30 this past January! I'm not sure who was more weird-ed out by this, me or him. He took all of the teasing in stride and had a good time....or at least that's what he told me. :) We celebrated by going bowling and out to dinner before returning home to just spend some time together. 


Brysen's "Awesome" Present




We celebrated our two-year wedding anniversary in February, which was a blast. Brysen was in charge of the evening, which was perfect for me. He took me out on a progressive dinner date since I had never been on one before. We had our appetizers at Applebee's, drinks at Jamba Juice, dinner at the Brick Oven, and dessert at Coldstone. It was such a fun and amazing evening, despite the fact that I was sick to my stomach by the end of the night. 

My amazing big sister found out she was pregnant with her first baby in February as well. I was beyond excited for my sister and her husband, knowing how long they've wanted this baby. However, at the same time, I felt guilty because I was so incredibly jealous of them. I wanted my own baby honestly struggled with her pregnancy for a while. My sister being my best friend and one of the most incredible people I know, supported me through my emotions and helped me come to terms with everything. Now all I focus on is being the best, coolest aunt to my new niece!


The Expecting Parents

Brysen celebrated his one-year anniversary at his job in March. I began to have some struggles with my job around this time and would joke about quitting, mainly during midterms. In May I finished my Junior year at USU and was placed for my practicum. I was one of the lucky ones who got their number one choice of placement! I officially start my practicum in August at DCFS and I couldn't be more excited!


-Britt

No comments:

Post a Comment